The updated RootsMagic 7 wrapper for MacOS Catalina has arrived. The same wrapper can be used with previous MacOS versions. Please follow the instructions below to completely uninstall the old version of RootsMagic including the previous CrossOver wrapper.
Complete uninstall of RootsMagic 7 and CrossOver wrapper:
- Make sure you have a backup of any RootsMagic data files
- Delete any and all RootsMagic .dmg files from your computer
- Drag and drop the RootsMagic application icon to your trash bin
- In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder
- Type ~/Library/Application Support
- Drag the folder labeled "RootsMagic" to the trash bin
- Go to ~/Library/Preferences and delete the file called com.rootsmagic.rootsmagic.plist
- Drag and drop the RootsMagic 7 shortcut icon on the Dock to your trash bin
- Download and install the latest wrapper at - http://files.rootsmagic.com/RootsMagic-7-Mac.dmg
This will completely uninstall RootsMagic for Mac "and" the older Crossover programming as well.
RootsMagicTV video: How to completely uninstall and reinstall RootsMagic on a Mac
Note: Some antivirus software could give a false positive error on installation. If you experience this disable your antivirus software for the install. You can read more about this issue from Codeweavers here - https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;msg=222870
If you receive a "Wine Gecko Installer" message while using RootsMagic 7, click on Install. Wine Gecko needs to be installed on the Mac if not already there.