Q. I'm planning a genealogical research trip and want to have a list of all the facts that occurred in the places to which I'm going. When I select Lists => Place List => Print, I have the option of including all places in the database or all events in one single place.
The problem is that I have events recorded by their historical place names. Throughout the years Queensbury, New York has been recorded in Warren, Washington, Charlotte, Albany or Dutchess County. How do I get a list of all events in this one locality with different place names?
A. Creating a group with the names of everyone from Queensbury would be ideal. That way you can use the group through various reports.
- Open the side bar to Groups
- Click on the Groups icon next to the drop down box
- Click on the "New" button
- Click on "Mark group"
- Choose "Select people by data field"
- Search for information by: Any fact > Place > Contains > Queensbury, Click OK
- Once it has finished searching it will tell you how many matches were found. Click OK
- Click OK again
- Enter the name for the group, Click OK
- Click Close