- Click on the following link: https://sos.splashtop.com
- The browser will open and the file will download.
- In the bottom left corner of the Chrome browser, the “SplashtopSOS.exe” file will appear.
- Double click on the file to open it.
5. You will see the opening and verifying screen.
- Double Click on the “Splashtop SOS” icon.
- Click on the “Open” button.
- From the Security and Privacy Settings screen click on the blue “Allow” button on the right side of Accessibility.
- Click on the “Gold Lock” icon on the lower left side of the Security and Privacy screen.
- Enter the administrator username and password for the Mac computer.
- Click on the “Unlock” button.
- In the Security and Privacy select “Accessibility.”
13. Put a check mark into the AEServer, and Splashtop SOS boxes.
- In the Security and Privacy screen (same screen) scroll down and select “Full Disk Access.”
- Put a check mark into the RootsMagic and Splashtop SOS boxes.
- In the Security and Privacy screen scroll down and select “Screen Recording.”
- Put a checkmark into the Splashtop SOS, and any additional software applications in the list.
- Click on the “Later” button.
- When finished there will be three green check marks next to Accessibility, Full Disk Access, and Screen Recording.
- A 9-digit code will generate.
21. Click on the yellow “please grant permissions for your technician to connect” message.
- Click on the “Copy” icon to the right side of the 9 digit number.
- Return to the RootsMagic Chat screen. Paste the 9-digit number into the message box and hit enter on the keyboard.
- The RootsMagic support agent will now be able to access your computer screen.
Make sure to keep the chat screen open. This allows you to continue communicating with your RootsMagic support agent.