- Click on the following link: https://sos.splashtop.com
- The browser will open and the file will download
- Click on the download arrow icon in the upper right side of your Mac computer screen
- Double click on the “SplashtopSOS.dmg file.
- You will see the opening and verifying screen.
- Double Click on the “Splashtop SOS” icon.
- Click on the “Open” button
- Click on the “Gold Lock” icon on the lower-left side of the Security and Privacy screen.
- Enter the username and password for the Mac computer.
- Click the “Unlock” button.
- Click on the blue “allow” button next to Accessibility.
- Place a check mark in the boxes for AEServer, and Splashtop SOS.
13. From the Security and “Privacy Screen” (same screen) scroll down and select “Full Disk Access.”
14. Place a checkmark in the RootsMagic and Splashtop SOS boxes.
- From the Security and “Privacy Screen” (same screen) scroll down and select “Screen Recording.”
- Place a check mark in the Splashtop SOS, and any other applications listed on the screen.
17. Click on the “Later” button.
18. When finished there will be three green check marks next to Accessibility, Screen Recording, and Full Disk Access.
- A 9-digit code will generate.
- Click on the yellow “Please grant permissions for your technician to connect” message.
- Click on the “Copy Icon” to the right side of the 9 digit number.
- Return to the RootsMagic Chat screen. Paste the 9-digit number into the message box and hit Enter on the keyboard.
- The RootsMagic support agent will now be able to access your computer screen.
Make sure to keep the chat screen open. This allows you to continue communicating with your RootsMagic Support Agent.