The following instructions are for customers using a Windows computer.
- Open RootsMagic 8
- Click on the File menu on the left side of the RootsMagic screen
3. Select Create a New RootsMagic File.
4. Click on “Import from RootsMagic 1-7, GEDCOM, or another program
5. Select RootsMagic Versions 1-7
6. When you see the file that you wish to open click on it and highlight it in blue
7. Under Default Folder select Documents
8. From the Create a New RootsMagic File screen select Documents along the left
9. Then click on the Save button at the bottom
10. From the New File Options screen select the options according to how you want your dates and record numbers to appear. If you use Family Search Family Tree you will need to place a checkmark into those boxes also.
11. Then click Ok
This will import your RootsMagic 1-7 files into RootsMagic 8. When the import is completed your pedigree chart will be populated.