Yes. You can create a Dropbox account online (in your browser) and then do the copying directly in your browser instead of installing Dropbox on your system.
1. If you don't already have a Dropbox account, go to http://www.Dropbox.com and create a new account.
2. Install the RootsMagic app on your device.
3. Run the RootsMagic app
4. If you haven't previously connected to Dropbox from the RootsMagic app:
- You will be directed to Dropbox to sign in
- Dropbox will ask you to authorize the RootsMagic app. Click the "Allow" button to authorize the RootsMagic app.
- A folder called "Apps" will be created in the root of your Dropbox Folder. Inside of the "Apps" folder will be created a "RootsMagic" directory.
5. Login to Dropbox website (on your desktop) and upload your database (the .RMGC file) into the Apps/RootsMagic folder
6. After uploading your file select "File" then "Dropbox" again in the RootsMagic app. The app will display the list of RootsMagic files in the Apps/RootsMagic folder.
7. Select the database from the list. Depending on the size of the file it may take a minute or two to download the database to your device. A message will pop up when the file is finished downloading to let you know you are ready to use the database
8.The file should now show up under the "On Device" tab in the RootsMagic app. This means it has been copied to your device and doesn't need to be reloaded from Dropbox unless you change the file on your computer.
9. If you edit the database on your computer (and upload the modified RootsMagic file to the Apps/RootsMagic folder on the Dropbox website), the app will let you know that the files have been modified and need to be re-downloaded to your device. After a file has been downloaded you can then access the file from the "On Device" tab.